Local Events in and around Wensleydale
Eastfield Lodge & Local Events in the Yorkshire Dales
Naturally, there are many local events throughout the year and Eastfield Lodge is an excellent base for many of these, See upcoming events in the following tab and follow our blog for the latest news and information.
Leyburn 1940’s Weekend
An annual event in July each year – contact us for dates and details!
Why not join us in Wensleydale for this year’s 1940’s weekend at the end of July. The festival and it’s variety of events is open from 10am to 5pm each day. More details can be found here.
As always there will be display of vintage and military vehicles from the era along with a number of stalls selling anything from clothing of the era to music. Major Swing will be in the Market Place all weekend playing music and running dance classes.
This year with help from The Land Army Girls, they have managed to get some extra rations to help with the preparations. There will be a dance on the Saturday night with entertainment by “Major swing DJ” – Tim Handley.
There will be a morning and evening shuttle bus service to and from the town to Cawkill Park for a display of Vintage and military vehicles. Trader’s corner. Service of remembrance on Sunday with church parade and commemorative service in the market square. 1940 service Bus Park & Ride in to town. Vintage fairground. Dancing & Bands in the market square music and dancing of the era throughout the weekend.
A Service of remembrance followed by a Church parade and commemorative service in the Market Place will take Sunday morning.
The Vintage bus will be running a park and ride service from the railway station in and around town over the weekend. All this plus much more to be enjoyed!
Richmond Live, Richmond
3rd – 4th August 2018
Welcome return of this great live music festival with headliners Tom Hingley & the Karpets. (The Karpets are an Inspiral Carpets tribute band with a difference: their lead singer Tom Hingley was actually THE lead singer with Inspiral Carpets from 1989-2011).
18th – 27th August 2018
GeorgeFest is back this summer with a ten-day festival celebrating Richmond’s rich Georgian heritage.
A packed programme of fascinating guided walks and talks, there are many events that reveal some of the town’s hidden Georgian treasures. There will also be films, singing, dancing, gin-drinking and merrymaking, as well as the opportunity to find out more about the secret diaries of an elusive 18th-century Richmond resident!
Wensleydale Show, Leyburn
25th August 2018
Wensleydale Agricultural Show is a traditional dales show, located close to Leyburn, North Yorkshire in the heart of Wensleydale.
Wensleydale Show features an extensive range of competitive events for livestock such as sheep, cattle, horses and poultry. There will be over 60 classes in poultry alone, ranging from large fowls to true bantams and an egg section.
There are also horticultural and handicraft classes.
Reeth Show, Reeth
27th August 2018
Reeth Show is a traditional Dales Agricultural Show and has always been a great family day out in the beautiful Dale of Swaledale.
- Dark Skies Festival – February (Many Events)
- Worm Charming Championships, Harrogate – April
- Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge – April to October (11 Events)
- Yorkshire Velo Tours Challenge – April to September
- Ride2Stride Walking Festival – April ((Many Events)
- Overground, Underground Children’s Festival – May to September (Many Events)
- Swaledale Festival – May & June (Many Events)
- Gayle Mill Summer Fayre and Beer Festival – June
- Grassington Music Festival – June & July
- The Dales Festival of Food and Drink – June
- Kryren Epic Historic Show – July to September
- The Way of the Roses Cycle –July (290 kms)
- Great Yorkshire Show – July
- Great Yorkshire Fringe – July to August
- Leyburn’s 1940’s Weekend – July
- Sausage and Beer Festival in Bedale – July
- Wensleydale Ale Festival – August
- Kettlewell Scarecrow Festival – August
- Yorkshire CycleFest – August
- Wensleydale Agricultural Show – August
- Burning of the Bartle, West Witton – August
- Richmond Walking and Book Festival – September to October (6 Events)